Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Joe Lieberman Continues to Amaze

Lieberman Harshly Criticizes Obama

An account from The Times of Lieberman's appearance at an event in York, Pennsylvania quotes the following quote from the august senator:

“In my opinion, the choice could not be more clear: between one candidate, John McCain, who’s had experience, been tested in war and tried in peace, another candidate who has not,’’ Mr. Lieberman said. “Between one candidate, John McCain, who has always put the country first, worked across party lines to get things done, and one candidate who has not. Between one candidate who’s a talker, and the other candidate who’s the leader America needs as our next president.”

OK, so I'm left with one question: THIS guy used to be my party's candidate for the vice presidency? THIS guy won votes in my party's presidential primary in 2004?

I love Al Gore to death, and if he had run for the presidency this year he would have been my guy, but it's staggering to think that he actually tabbed Lieberman eight years ago.

No comments: